Wednesday, September 7, 2011

In Regards to the Readings

I have enjoyed the past few weeks of class in English 213, but all this reading has really taken over my life. I find myself repeating the few words I remember from the first day of class, "These first few weeks are HEAVILY front loaded...". I then remember I am not the only one reading these, and decide not to lose sleep over all this reading. However, to save space and time, I will commence my reviews over the readings from the week, mostly on Thursday's readings.
  The first reading I did for the week was over Drucker, and how he described the new face of business. It is an outdated source in my opinion in regards to its content, but it suffices as a good way to see into what we are trying to actually accomplish. I had a few opinions on it, but mostly I agreed with most of what he had to say. With specialization, we can achieve a faster way of getting things done, and in turn, cut down on horizontal management. It sounds a bit off when reading it, but I see how it works. His comparison to an orchestra was the perfect way of understanding exactly what he was trying to convey.
   The second reading was honestly something I could not really comprehend. Possibly because I skimmed it, but I find myself to be honest in this situation. The third reading was Freedman's depiction of a reproductive egg. The reading describes how our past way of thinking needed to change in order for us to see what was going on in the reproductive cycle. The main character was simply redefining the way we think about egg's and sperm and how they work. It was interesting that the reading came off as a feminist piece, but it was rather about a different perception on the subject. The idea shifts from a male dominated perception to a more integrated approach. It was an interesting concept, and it gives us an idea about what's truth within our "old sayings".
   The fourth piece was rather wordy, and kept me wondering when it was going to end. The piece was over rhetoric, and the way people receive it. By receive, I do not mean accept, but rather, as a way of thinking. The text was heavily loaded with some complex words, but for the most part, it had some understandable remarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment