Monday, July 30, 2012

Serendipity

By choice, I gave you up. By accident, I told you my secret. By complete coincidence, you stopped talking to me. My mind slowly crept upon the idea that your interest level was not piquing. As that moment grew closer to where I knew we were on different levels, I dreaded the moment I had to admit to myself the truth. When it finally arrived, I accepted my fate, giving myself the ample time away from the situation, while wallering in self pity for brief, insecure moments. I had accepted defeat, and finally let myself free of this situation before it took me too far down.

Just when I had given that up. Just when I had lost all hope that I would ever see you again, I found you. Purely by accident. And it all started back again. My hope to have you soon is completely shattered, but in this life, I have to know just where we can go. I have to know what you mean to me in this life, whether it be as friends, more, or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment